Monday, January 4, 2010

To Droid or Not to Droid?

Hmm...  maybe I should change the spelling of Droid since it is TM by LucasArt?  Nah, I'm gonna roll with it.

I am currently using a Blackberry Curve (8330) on "The Network" aka Verizon.  Lately RIM has had server issues and I am having consistent problems with my blackberry.  (I am on my 3rd one). I have read a few reviews on the new Droid phone and over all it seems to be positive.  I also have a Samsung Omnia that I was using before I got my blackberry.  I am considering switching my services back to the Omnia temporarily.

My question to all of you, would going with a Droid be a good choice?  Do you have one? What do you love/hate about it?  Be honest.  I am not up for renewal for a few months so I will continue to do research.  Any information or suggestions you may have I would really appreciate.

Happy 2010 to all of you! I hope your year is filled with gadgets and geekiness galore! :)

3 comments:

  1. Fact. I went from a Blackberry Curve to a Droid about a month ago. I went through about 3 or 4 Curves in 6 months and when then coverage issues started and all hell broke loose. I run online businesses and not being able to email customers instantly was very very bad.

    I switched to a Droid and cried because I didnt have a single Gmail account (which is what the Droid rolls with). So I returned said Droid...went home and started switching every single business and personal account to Gmail. Went back a month later and got the Droid again and I freaking love it.

    LOVE. IT.

    Interwebbing with 3G sucks the battery dry pretty quick (4 to 6 hrs) but if you can keep it in WiFi (which I do at home) you have a very nice 12 to 24 hrs before you need to recharge.

    The camera is freaking amazing. Being able to take close up pictures with a phone camera is super fantatic.

    The droid keyboard it very very basic. I hardly ever use it because the touch screen is so wonderfully fantastic.

    One thing. When you touch screen it has auto correct, but when you use the keyboard there is no spell check (that I can find). That was my favorite feature with the Curve, that it could spell check everything, in every app, in every way.

    *whew* *bows* my review of the Curve to Droid tranistion. I spell horribly. I miss Curve's spell check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you Kylee! I am on my third Curve in 4 months. I am a long time blackberry owner. Today alone I have not been able to send/receive emails and this evening my texts have been very spotty. I am seriously considering the motodroid, especially after your comment! I do have a gmail account, however I don't use it that often. Can you pop other email accounts to it (like hotmail?)

    Looks like I need to start saving my pennies. I am not avail for an upgrade for another year!!! Ebay/Craigslist here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gone from iPhone 3GS to Blackberry Bold recently and love it. No problems so far. Not tried a Droid phone but want to in case I Am missing something.

    ReplyDelete